Summary of our experience organising the Graphene Pavilion in collaboration of the European Graphene Flagship in the frame of the Mobile World Congress 2016.
For the first time, this year the Mobile World Congress brought to its audience a new space devoted to Graphene, the Graphene Pavilion. This Pavilion was coordinated by ICFO and the European Graphene Flagship with the support of the GSMA and the European Commission.
Our goal at MWC was providing a future vision about how this 2D material can overcome certain limitations existing in the mobile ecosystem like for instance the flexibility of devices, energy storage, smart sensors and faster data communications to name a few.
Not only we organized a session within the MWC Conference program called 'The Graphene revolution' which included visionary talks by key industry and research leaders working on graphene-related technologies, but also we coordinated a 135m2 space showcasing several interactive demos and working prototypes coming from more than 20 entities working at European level. Moreover, we were honoured to have Nobel Laureate Prof. Novoselov participating in a Keynote session.
The highlights of this 4-day amazing experience are summarised as:
- Graphene debuts at the Mobile World Congress 2016 exposed to 100.000+ visitors
- 12 companies and 12 research centers involved in the Graphene Pavilion
- Graphene-based interactive prototypes, demos and applications in the fields of: Flexible display Technologies, Wearables, Internet of Things, Energy Transmission & Storage, and Data Communications
- VIP tours organized by GSMA and visits from Government representatives and celebrities
- Average 250 business contacts per exhibitor
- More than 150 national and international media hits
We warmly thank our sponsors and supporters for their confidence on our work, our co-exhibitors for the endless efforts and enthusiasm invested during the last week and our visitors who we hope enjoyed the Graphene experience. Without your involvement we could not have reached this level of success, which has exceeded our initial expectations.